Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Fiiiiiinnee

McKenna convinced me through her persistant blogging to write something down. I've been in EBOLC for about two weeks now. We've pretty much finished in-processing and are doing some courses. At 0400 tomorrow I have my initial PT test. After that I will take a course in something then do some practice land nav in the afternoon. Thursday at about 0200 I should be starting a land nav test that will last 8 hours or so. I then have a long weekend which I plan to use for R&R. I'm finding out more information about my unit and plan to be able to get to you guys sometime in the future with more details. BTW, for all those wondering, labor day is an anti-military holiday (sort of, in a messed up way), it started after some US military/marshals or something killed 13 people, and injured a bunch more. Moral of the story, the holiday was made really soon after to try and keep people from getting all angry and stuff.... so I sleep in during labor day, can't really celebrate it, can I? okay, time to sleep, early morning tomorrow. Let me know if you want to know anything kewl.

2 comments:

McKenna Kramer said...

Okay, I totally commented on this already but silly blogspot won't show it.

Anyways...

What's PT?

Is your land nav on foot or in a car? If it's in a car, does that mean you're basically getting driving lessons?

And I think you should still eat a lot of food on Labor Day. It's not really celebrating. It's just taking advantage of the millions of picnics :P

jkraemski said...

oh n00b. PT is physical training. like today for PT i did 10 sets of 20 push ups and 10 pulls ups (with alternating styles of both.. wide arm, military push ups, diamonds, etc...). land nav is definitely on foot. it's where i'm given a map, compass, 8 8-digit gird coordinates within about 10 square kilometers and i have to find said points within a given time (5 hours or so). and eating food does count as celebrating in my book. plus, most poeple left FT. Leonard Wood for labor day, thus few picnics in the area