Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Stubborn is my (third?) middle name

I really want you all to post on here.  I don't get to talk on the phone or Skype with you each week.  So please, just share stories of your day (whether they be interesting OR boring), goals, funny things you found on the internet, thoughts, anything.

I will start:

I've had a really bad cold ever since I came here.  David and Vinny gave me a blessing on Sunday.  It was an awesome experience.

Anyways, I still have the cold, even though I'm managing to function.  Today, in my Sociology of Psychology class (which, for whatever reason, didn't show up on Blackboard or MyBooklist, so guess who got to spend $50 more dollars on books today?), we were discussing all sorts of interesting social situations, like Jonestown, and whether the people there are really so far removed from us.  It was almost to the end of class, with about 5 minutes to go, when I felt the dreaded tickle in my throat.  And consequently went into one of those really gross coughing fits that you can't stop.  Fun, right?  Just wait.  I needed to leave, so I grabbed my backpack, but had wisely chosen to sit in the middle of the back row and wear HEELS to school.  Oh, and there were football players blocking my way to the door.  Just imagine that graceful exit :P

Thankfully, not every day or every class has been like that.  Even that class was really good until I alienated the 50 people in it with my germs.  But, for instance, in my Advertising Concepts class today, I learned that I get to blog for homework.  On a class blog, of course, but it's about all sorts of fun/creative things we do and find.

Conclusions?
1. I really like my major so far.
2. Being sick isn't all that fun.
3. Don't wear heels to school.

3 comments:

jkraemski said...

hey Mckenna, if any football players give you problems again, like standing in your way, i'll take care of it

McKenna Kramer said...

I will keep that in mind! And tell you a lot in advance if they are going to get in my way, so you have time to fly/drive out here :P

jkraemski said...

thanks. or i can just call an associate